If you want to make your smile look younger and fresher, you may want to pursue treatments that will whiten your teeth. White and bright enamel communicates health and youth, so lightening your smile is a quick way to give your smile’s aesthetics a boost.
Dental stains and discoloration may develop for a number of different reasons:
· Staining foods and drinks (coffee, tea, soda, red wine, berries, red sauces, chocolate, and more) leave color deposits on your enamel over time
· Plaque and tartar build-up can look yellow and dark
· Damaged teeth may turn grey and dull
· Certain dental conditions, like dental fluorosis can cause permanent teeth to develop with textural irregularities and discoloration
Our Elmhurst cosmetic dentists provide a number of different treatments to help people overcome these issues and lighten their smiles:
· A simple dental cleaning can brighten and lighten your smile, because a dental cleaning minimizes the amount of plaque and tartar on your enamel. Keeping up with your dentist-recommended schedule of professional cleanings is good for both the health and the appearance of your smile.
· Professional dental whitening treatments are designed to lift existing discoloration from your smile’s surface. Our dental team will apply a topical formulation to your enamel, and as the gel sits on your teeth it will go to work restoring your smile to its previous level of whiteness
· Another option is to cover hard-to-whiten enamel with some kind of restoration. For example, you can use custom-shaded dental resin to resurface your real teeth. You can also cover your enamel with porcelain veneers. Both of these treatments deliver natural looking results that last for years and years.
There is no need to settle for a dull or discolored smile that you don’t like. Please call our Elmhurst cosmetic dentist if you want to learn more about the treatments we offer to improve your dental aesthetics.