Our Elmhurst sedation dentists know that dentistry-related fear and anxiety can keep dental patients from getting the treatments that they need to stay well. Because dental anxiety is such a real concern for people of all ages, our dental team offers a number of different sedation treatments to put people at ease.
One thing that sets our practice apart is the fact that we offer Dental Spa Therapy. This relaxation protocol is completely drug-free; it actually uses your body’s natural relaxation response to keep you calm in the dentist’s chair.
Here are some of the components of Dental Spa Therapy; these individual therapies work in concert to achieve results:
· Massage: massage and bodywork help to relax your muscles, and minimize the amount of tension in your body.
· Acupressure: this treatment involves our team applying pressure to specific tension-releasing spots on the body. This therapy is like acupuncture, but it uses pressure rather than needles.
· Chiropractic treatment: chiropractic care is all about adjusting the spine and skeletal structure in order to positively affect the patient’s muscles, bones, nerves, and joints. This treatment is yet another way to minimize the amount of tension you’re holding in your body and promote your body’s ability to heal.
· Aromatherapy: our Dental Spa Therapy space is filled with soothing and relaxing scents; this scents trigger a relaxation response in the patient’s body
· Music therapy: soothing music has a calming effect; you may even forget that you’re in a dental office altogether!
· Holistic medicine: our dental team may also provide you with supplements or holistic remedies designed to minimize your body’s inflammatory response, and boost your immune system.
If you think that you may benefit from Dental Spa Therapy, our Elmhurst dentists are here to give you all of the information and support that you need. Give our office a call, or use our Contact Us page to submit your information and we’ll be happy to get back to you promptly.