Few of us are lucky enough to be born with straight, seamless smiles, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t achieve them later in life! Orthodontic treatment allows you to perfect your dental alignment to improve the function and the appearance of your smile. Our Elmhurst cosmetic dentists are happy to provide Invisalign orthodontic treatment to help you comfortably and conveniently achieve your dream smile. Keep reading to learn more about what Invisalign entails!
Conventional braces use metal brackets, which are bonded to the dental enamel, and metal wires, which connect the brackets, in order to move teeth. Invisalign, on the other hand, moves teeth using clear plastic aligners. These aligners apply constant and even pressure to your teeth, so that your smile shifts to conform to them.
As you go through the Invisalign treatment process, you will actually wear a series of aligners. You’ll actually switch your aligner out for a new one every two weeks or so. The aligners are designed to build upon the progress of the aligners before it, so every time you switch to a new aligner you are getting a little closer to your dream smile.
It’s actually pretty straightforward to live with Invisalign aligners day to day. Because the aligners are removable, you will take them out to eat, drink anything other than water, and clean your smile.
Here are some of the key reasons that patients choose Invisalign over traditional orthodontics:
- You don’t have to alter your diet at all as you go through Invisalign treatment
- This discreet treatment allows your natural teeth to shine through as you perfect your smile
- Invisalign aligners accumulate less plaque and tartar than traditional braces over time. This means that you don’t have to worry as much about dealing with bad breath, unsightly food particles in your teeth, and increased cavity development.
- You’ll be able to see, using Invisalign imaging, how your smile will change from start to finish before we get started
- Invisalign aligners are made of smooth plastic resin, which means they are not abrasive on your oral tissues like brackets and wires often are
When you meet with our Elmhurst Invisalign dentists, we’ll be able to give you a better idea of whether this treatment can help you meet your cosmetic and restorative dental goals. Give us a call to get started!