Our Elmhurst dentists are always looking for ways to improve our practice, as well as the patient experience. We know that using state-of-the-art treatments and technologies allows us to deliver exceptional results, in the most comfortable and convenient way possible.
To that end, we are happy to offer Invisalign orthodontic treatment to our teen and adult cosmetic dentistry patients. Keep reading to learn more about all that Invisalign has to offer.
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment option that offers a welcome alternative to traditional metal braces. This system uses clear plastic aligners to incrementally move teeth into alignment.
With Invisalign you can:
- Close gaps between your teeth
- Straighten crooked or crowded teeth
- Improve bite problems, like underbites, overbites, and crossbites
- Widen your smile so that it looks more balanced
- Lessen TMJ and bruxism problems by refining your bite
Invisalign is quite different than conventional orthodontic treatment, because these aligners are:
- Completely clear, and thus practically invisible once in place
- Removable, so that you can take your aligners out to clean your smile every morning and night
- Metal-free, and more comfortable than metal brackets and wires
- Designed to fit snugly over your smile; they are less bulky than traditional braces
When you come in for a consultation with our Elmhurst Invisalign dentists, we’ll take a look at your smile to determine whether Invisalign can help you meet your dental goals. We’ll also talk to you about your oral health goals. If Invisalign is a good treatment option for you, we’ll take an impression of your smile to serve as the “starting point” for your aligners.
During the treatment process, you will upgrade to a new aligner every two to three weeks. Each aligner moves you a little closer to your dream smile!